All of Me

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Getting Ready


  I have so enjoyed preparing for school with Jackson and Alexis!  I am so excited about the curriculum we will be using, and the fun that I am sure is soon to come for me and my kids!! I am really enjoying relearning some things.  It is amazing how much you forget about history, science, geography, etc... in  20 years that have passed since I was in  elementary school! ; )

  We have decided to use a curriculum called "Five in a Row" for Jackson and "Before Five in a Row"  for Alexis!  Five in Row is basically unit studies based on children's literature!  We will be lapbooking and doing a lot of fun hands on learning activities to go along with this curriculum. Jackson will also be using separate math ( Math u See), reading (All About Reading)  and spelling ( All About Spelling) curriculums that are not covered in the Five in a Row curriculum! 
"Five in a Row"




The rest of our curriculum




Our box of goodies to use with our "Five in a Row" activities!


  The first book we will be covering with Jackson is called "The story about Ping", and for Alexis we will using " Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear?"

Our books for the week... maybe longer. ; )

I will try to update as we go.  I would love to be able to post once a week, but we will just have to wait and see what time allows! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment